Shabby Template

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On the eve of giving up sweets...

Today's the day. I give up my sweets for 40 days in honor of Lent. It's bittersweet, but I'm super excited about this challenge and hope to gain a new perspective of my sugar consumption when it's all said and done.

Last night, PK and I thought we needed to go all out before emptying the candy jar and hiding our zebra cakes. After work, I went to a little bakery called Taylor's Bakery to pick up a triple chocolate ganache cake for the two of us to split.

I first heard of Taylor's Bakery through a co-worker. I was looking for a bakery to pick up a cake for PK's birthday back in January, and she recommended Taylor's. I was still very new to the city, but fell upon it one day trying to make my way to the mall. I walked in and was instantly greeted with smells of chocolate, honey buns, doughnuts, petit fours (a small cake usually covered in an icing), and many assorted bars, cupcakes, cheesecakes and eclairs.

For a sweets lover like myself, I immediately wanted one of everything...ok really though...I wanted two of everything! It was the mecca of all things tasty and delicious.

I love to ask the staff what's the most popular when I go to restaurants, bakeries, or places with lots of options. I always like to get a feel of what the regulars are eating and buying. The lovely staffer directed me to the triple chocolate ganache cake--and boy did she ever change my life.

Three layers high and three varieties of chocolate make this cake purely sinful. It's the epitome of indulgence and the perfect way to begin my fasting.

PK and I sat down, opened the box, admired the cake and it's beauty, grabbed our forks, put the milk in the middle and dove right in. I'll be happy to report that I didn't go too overboard, but spent the next 30 minutes in a silent heaven.

Words cannot fully express how incredible it was, but here is the damage.




Ok, day one is almost down...just 39 more!




No comments:

Post a Comment