Shabby Template

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A little bistro right down the road...

There is a really cute little area very close to my house. This little strip of real estate houses my favorite cupcake shop (and oh how I've missed it these last few weeks! Can't wait to be reunited once Lent is over!), a family meat market, Starbucks (of course, they are everywhere!), a bakery and Oh Yumm! Bistro.

I have wanted to try out this quaint little restaurant for quite some time and finally got the chance last week.

I love it and wanted to share with you. Just saying that you're going to eat at a bistro makes you feel so special, so French. Or at least it does me. Although this bistro sends off French vibes through and through, it creates delicious American favorites which all of us enjoy such as fish tacos, fries and Kobe sliders.

All in all, I can't wait to go back. And now that the weather is FINALLY getting warmer, I can just walk there. And soon, Lent will be over and I'll be back in that cupcake shop for dessert! :)

The outside of the restaurant. It was drizzly and not quite a pretty day for pictures, but this gives you a little idea. Can't wait to sit outside when it's a bright, sunny and warm afternoon!
Some of the tables inside. It's a really small venue but they do a great job with the space. Old wooden frames, wine bottles lined against the walls and simple paintings give an Old Country meets French Sophistication feel. 

Fresh flowers make everything better. And on a rainy cold day, it's just what you need to see. 

Got a few things that day (I was hungry). This is baked goat cheese with marinara and crostini. Absolutely heavenly. Warm, not too overpowering, and the cheese spreads effortlessly across the crispy bread. I just needed about three more dollops of that cheese!

Black and white tuna. Raw and tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside. The sesame seeds give texture without added too much flavor. The yellow pepper cabbage salad was a perfect compliment.  

What's a lunch without French fries?! I couldn't resist. It came with three dipping sauces (ketchup, a sweet chipotle, and gorgonzola). Seasoned to perfection and displayed in a cute tin cup. 


(All pictures courtesy of PK)

No comments:

Post a Comment